There can be a number of reasons why your bin was not collected. Please check the following to ensure none of these apply before reporting your missed bin.
- All bins must be out by 6:30am even if it is usually collected later. Rounds can change at any time due to a number of operational reasons
- Bins should be presented for collection on or by the edge of the public highway – crews should not be entering your property or driveway (unless you have an assisted collection)
- Bin lids need to be closed – open lids can lead to the bin not emptying properly and the possibility of rubbish falling out which could cause injury to the crew or damage to the vehicle
- General waste - no loose ash, dust, hoover contents, cat litter etc – please bag it up. Also no recyclable items, garden or DIY waste.
- Recycling – items must be loose and not in supermarket plastic bags. Also no nappies or food waste
- Side waste for recycling – in a cardboard box (that can easily fit in the bin) or clear bag. No glass or other breakables in side waste - these must be in the bin.