Our Community Connectors cover the whole of South Norfolk.
If there is something that is troubling you, contact a Community Connector who can help you to start getting things back on track.
Community Connectors can help you to:
- Be part of your community
- Have positive relationships
- Gain skills and feel confident
- Have a warm and safe home
- Be free from money worries.
Community Connectors can also put you in touch with activities and groups in your area or support you to start your own project, group or event.
Community Connectors are working from all GP surgeries across South Norfolk delivering social prescribing. This is a non-medical solution to social, emotional and practical issues that may be causing health problems, or making them worse. Find out more below.
What is social prescribing?
Social prescribing is a non-medical solution to social, emotional or practical issues that may be causing health problems, or making them worse.
It’s a way to access extra services and support, through a GP, nurse or health care professional, to improve your health and wellbeing.
Benefits to you
- Social prescribing can lead to many positive outcomes, including:
- Helping you feel healthier and happier
- Getting you involved with your local community
- Linking you with new friends and like-minded individuals
- Helping you back into work or accessing training and education
- Helping you manage financial problems
Where to access social prescribing
All surgeries across South Norfolk offer social prescribing. Just speak to your GP, Nurse or healthcare professional who can refer you to this service.
To find out more about social prescribing, contact a Community Connector (contact details below).
If you are a health care professional and would like to know more please contact us.
Phone: 07758 139075
Costessey, Hingham and Cringleford
Phone: 07890 599514
Loddon and Harleston
Phone: 07758 139076
Wymondham and Mulbarton
Phone: 07972 731176
Long Stratton and Poringland
Phone: 07758 139078
You can also visit our facebook page for more information.
If you have any questions, please call us on 01508 533642 or 01508 533945 or complete our online enquiry form.