We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website.
For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Mobile home and caravan site licensing

Sites where mobile homes can be stationed are protected or unprotected:

  • Protected sites have planning permission that allow people to live on the site all year round. These sites are also known as park home sites.
  • Unprotected sites only have permission for holiday use, although some people may live there for most of the year.

If you are thinking of setting up a caravan or mobile home site, you must obtain planning permission first and once this has been granted you can apply for a mobile home and caravan site licence. Your site will be inspected and conditions set, which will depend on the site and location, before a licence is granted.

How to apply for a licence

To apply for a mobile home and caravan site licence please complete the application form and return by email or by post to Housing Standards, South Norfolk Council, South Norfolk House, Cygnet Court, Long Stratton, Norwich NR15 2XE.

Contact us to find out more about mobile home and caravan site licences.