Requests for information | South Norfolk Council
You may have received your Household Enquiry Form this week. You can confirm or change your details online, this will make sure our electoral roll is up to date.
Find out more

Requests for information

Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 anyone can request recorded information from us provided it is not already published in our Publication Scheme. The Publication Scheme details the information that we hold, the way we intend to publish this and whether a charge will be made for requested information.

You can also request information about yourself. These requests will be dealt with under the Data Protection Act 1998.

What to do next

To make a request for information please fill in the online enquiry form or write to the Information Rights Officer, South Norfolk Council, South Norfolk House, Cygnet Court, Long Stratton, Norwich, NR15 2XE. You should clearly outline the information you would like, providing a return address. You do not need to say why you are requesting the information.

Please be aware:

  • A fee may be payable to cover the costs of printing or photocopying the information you request. We will inform you if a fee is due and you will need to pay the fee before we can process your request. In most cases you will not be asked to pay a fee
  • In some cases we may be unable to provide you with the information for legal reasons. If this applies we will explain why
  • You may be able to find the information you need on our website. We are committed to being transparent and open and we want you to be able to access information easily and quickly, without the need to submit a request. To help you do this, we have provided information and links to pages that contain information that is frequently requested. This information is also published in line with the Local Government Transparency Code.

Frequently requested information

  • Total number of staff who are Union Representatives: 11 (9.15 FTE)
  • Total number of union representatives who devote at least 50 per cent of their time to union duties: 0
  • Trade Unions represented: UNISON for full consultation purposes and ALACE
  • Basic estimate of spending on unions: £ 0
  • Basic estimate of spending on unions as a percentage of the total pay bill: £ 0

Trade Unions are recognised by South Norfolk Council however no member of staff has allocated time for these duties due to limited requirement. Those that undertake Union work therefore do so in their own time.  If there is an organisational need, either employer or employee led  this will be reviewed.

Since 1 April 2015 all potential Housing Benefit fraud issues have been referred to the DWP’s Single Fraud Investigation Service (SFIS) who have assumed sole responsibility for all investigative matters, which is reflected in the figures shown below. The DWP does not report to South Norfolk Council outcomes or financial results of cases.

South Norfolk Council maintains an officer, who is the single point of contact with SFIS and for the investigation of corporate fraud prevention and investigation, as well as other duties within the authority.

This information covers the period 1 January - 31 December 2017.

  • Number of occasions we use powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to Require Information) (England) Regulations 2014, or similar powers: 0 requests for information from employers, banks and utility companies.
  • Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud: 0
  • Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists: 0
  • Total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud: £2,910 (anti- fraud memberships and fees).

The total number of fraud cases investigated, referred and amounts identified are shown below.



Fraud cases referred

Fraudulent Housing Benefit overpayments




































The information we have provided is in accordance with the licensing arrangements set out in the Open Government License.