Henry, our GoGoHare has arrived in Wymondham.
Come and meet Henry and join the GoGo adventure. Take part in the Wym Trails AR experience whilst you are here and see Wymondham's history come to life through our state-of-the-art interactive heritage trail.
Please read the instructions below for a guide to your app experience before starting your journey.
The walking trails are FREE to download from the app or Google store, and have both child and adult versions that can be used in parallel on your smart device. The trail will merge real and virtual worlds, allowing you to view Wymondham as it was in its medieval hay-day through 360 degree virtual reality and 3D imaging. There is also an amazing VR experience during the trail at Wymondham Heritage Museum and Wymondham Leisure Centre. See details below.
The app also contains a directory with useful information about the town, including suggestions for where to eat, shop, stay and explore – as well as events and special offers.
The walking trails are roughly 2km long and take around 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Please download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Search Wym Trails to begin your journey.
Please be aware, the app is not compatible with the following devices: iPhone 5c or older, Samsung S5, Samsung Note 4 or older and Motorola G4. This is not a definitive list.
For ultimate user experience, please follow the instructions below for Wym Trails app:
- Ensure your device operating systems are up-to-date
- Download the app at home before you arrive for a maximum experience. The app may not be downloaded at trail location
- Your device will need to have GPS, SIM card or 4G. The app will not work on WiFi only devices as the technology is based on GPS.
- Make sure your device is fully charged and all other apps are closed down
- Start the trails at Market Cross, Wymondham
- Keep the trail open on your device at all times, coming out of the trail may mean the trail ending
- Follow the numbers on the map in the correct numerical order
- To zoom in on the map, please use the plus and minus buttons
- To locate items on the trail, please scan the whole area with your device
- The trail travels in a figure of 8, meaning you will pass the start point again. If your app signals to say the trail has ended at this point, please continue along the trail and app will pick up the next point
- VR headsets are located in both Wymondham Heritage Museum and Wymondham Leisure Centre, free of charge.
- Please provide feedback on your experience at the end of the trail
- The app is approximately 700MB in size. If your device doesn’t have sufficient storage to download the content for the trails, it will close and display a message to advise you have insufficient storage space. You will need to free up space on your device in order for the app to download
- Enjoy the trails!
Did you know Wymondham is the birthplace of one of the biggest uprisings England has ever seen? That it’s the site of buried treasure and the scene of a gruesome double murder that shocked the nation? Take a walk back in time and discover the secrets of Wymondham – the pretty market town that offers more than meets the eye.
This app contains two different augmented reality trails to help you explore this famous market town, situated just off the A11 in South Norfolk. Plus it offers handy visitor information, from places to eat to places to stay.
‘A Walk Through Time’ is an AR trail that guides you around the town while enabling you to uncover AR animations, videos, facts and photos that bring to life the stories of Wymondham’s fascinating – and often gruesome – past. This trail is aimed at adults and teenagers, suitable for ages 12+, and takes about 60 minutes to complete. Plus, at a dedicated point in the trail, you have the chance to try a full VR experience about the Robert Kett rebellion.
‘Henry the Hare’ is an AR trail designed for younger children, helping them to stay entertained with a quest to help Henry find his lost belongings around the town, as well as some interesting facts and quiz questions to aid learning. Easy to use, fun and informative, this is a great game for younger children who are supervised by an adult.
Virtual Reality (VR) is a computer generated 3D simulation or creation of an environment and people that you experience by wearing a headset - it allows you to be ‘inside’ a movie.
Keep an eye on the Facebook page for further updates.