Following the announcement by the Government on Wednesday 9th September to impose tighter restrictions on social gatherings in England from Monday 14th September, we can confirm that these will not apply to the operation of our leisure facilities at Wymondham, Long Stratton, Diss, Framingham Earl and Kett’s Park and our customers can continue to use all of them as they do at the moment. This is because we have stringent plans in place to reduce the risk if Covid-19 and because our facilities are classed as Covid-secure given the measures we have introduced, . The importance of sport and physical activity to people’s physical health and mental wellbeing has also been recognised by the Government. We have had our Covid-19 operating procedures independently assessed by health and safety specialists who praised the steps that we have taken to keep our customers and staff safe.
Sport England’s Covid-19 guidance can be found here and we have also produced a number of videos that demonstrate the measures that we have introduced at our centres, which can be found on South Norfolk Leisure’s YouTube channel here.
We remain committed to ensuring that you are able to stay active with confidence with us, and we look forward to welcoming our customers back into our centres; we are ready when you are.
We will not be taking any Direct Debit payments for fitness subscriptions unless you have instructed us to restart your membership, we have a range of offers for members who wish to return - please speak to reception for details of these. Requests for restart should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org Swim School will resume in September - if you wish your child to return to lessons then please email email@example.com No subscriptions will be taken until you have requested to restart and your lesson time/day confirmed.
Please note that to log in to your leisure online account the above link must be used rather that the log in at the top of this page
Following the recent announcement by the Government we have reopened Wymondham Leisure Centre for Gym and Class bookings - the pool, which will reopen in Saturday 22nd August
At South Norfolk Council the safety of our customers and staff is extremely important to us and as you would have expected we have had to make some changes to our Centres so you can use them in a safe way. The following measures have been taken
- A queuing system will be put in place outside of the entrance
- Markers have been laid out on the floor so people adhere to being a safe distance from others
- A one-way system will be in operation at the building so there will be different entrance and exit points
- Screens have been put up at both the reception and café areas
- There will be a limit to the amount of people and time spent in the building each day
What areas of the facility will be accessible?
- The gym and a limited class programme will be open initially
- Members will be restricted to one activity booking per day
- Swimming will be available from 22nd August (pre booked sessions only)
- swim school classes will resume 7th September for existing pupils
- There will be no access to the changing rooms on dry side
- The SPA or Thermal suite will be closed
- All visits will need to be pre booked to allow us to ensure safe social distancing
Why can’t I use the Dry side changing rooms?
Due to limited space in the changing room areas and the lack of airflow from windows we are unable to allow access to these rooms.
The gym slots, swim sessions and classes will be bookable online. Members will be able to book two weeks in advance (excluding family swim sessions), casual gym and class and pool users will be able to book one week in advance. If you need help making a booking watch this short video
The gym visits will run at set times with 75 minute slots - followed by a 15 minute break to allow surface cleaning and air refresh and to ensure we are able to clear the gym between sessions.
Swim Sessions will run at set times with 60 minutes slots (45 mins swim time and 15 minutes changing time) - all swimmers will need to book a place in the lane swims - family sessions are available for up to six swimmers (if you wish to book a family swim for less than four swimmers or to include members please contact reception on 01953 607171)
Members will be asked to only make one booking per day
All visits will need to be pre booked to allow us to ensure safe social distancing
The new centre opening hours will be:
Monday to Friday: 6:30 - 20:30 (closed 14:00 - 14.30 to allow for deep clean)
Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 - 16:15 (closed 13:00 - 13:30 to allow for deep clean)
Membership fees will not be collected during until your request to go live again by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - members will be given the opportunity for their memberships to remain frozen
If you would like to book a swim session or class as a non-member, please click on the option that says ‘book classes, swim sessions & log on to your account to book gym sessions here’ and then choose the swim or class option, dependent on what you would like. Once in your chosen option, select a site from the drop down menu, choose the swim time and lane and class you wish to go to. If you haven’t previously booked anything online with us choose the option that says ‘First Booking’. Here you can type in your details and create a username and password to use each time from then on.
If you want to use the gym and have not previously had a casual or DD/ annual membership please choose the link that says ‘book classes, swim sessions & log on to your account to book gym sessions here’ followed by ‘join the leisure centre’ and follow the drop down options to sign up as a casual or monthly/ annual member.
Improve and maintain your fitness levels at Wymondham Leisure Centre's fully equipped gym, which offers an extensive range of cardio and resistance equipment to suit all fitness levels.
Qualified instructors are available to help you achieve your goals and motivate you in your workout.
Minimum age for gym use is 13 years old.
When joining the gym, every new member is offered an virtual induction with a qualified gym instructor which includes everything you need to know to start your journey towards your fitness goal. Here is everything you need to know about joining our leisure centre.
We want everyone to enjoy their time at our leisure centre, so please take a few minutes to view our leisure centre guidelines.
Both members and non members are able to create an online account which can be used every time you wish to book or cancel a class - if you need any assistance with this please contact reception who will be happy to help.
You'll have 90 days to use the prepaid sessions from date of purchase, so you could save ££££s
How do you get this great deal?
Buy in bulk at reception on your next visit or buy online https://leisure.south-norfolk.gov.uk/prepayment/SelectPrePayment.aspx
This promotion is only available for casual gym, swim and fitness class users, and excludes, junior members, over 65 swimmers and Leisure Passport holders. T&Cs apply see below for more details.
Terms and conditions:
- 10 for 8 is only available in multiples of ten for a named single activity i.e. gym, swim or fitness classes.
- The 10 for 8 offer is only available on full price sessions (not available on junior, Leisure Passport or over 65 swim prices).
- The 10 sessions are valid for 90 days from date of purchase.
- Unredeemed sessions will not be refunded or extended.
- Vouchers are not transferable to other people.
- A photo will be required on your user card record when using the 10 for 8 vouchers (photo will be taken at reception at time of purchase if required).
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- This promotion can be changed or withdrawn at any time.
- Two storey gym with 100 stations including an extensive functional training area
- Fitness studio with a sprung floor
- Four court sports hall
- 25 metre pool with separate teaching pool*
- Imagine Spa offering treatments and an exclusive thermal suite offering heating and cooling experiences*
*These facilities will remain closed during our first phase of re-opening
- Personal training
- Free gym induction and fitness programme
- Online and Outdoor classes programme
- Children’s activity programmes such as Kids Camp
- Roller skating.
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) and National Rescue Assessment for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC) courses. Email for more details
You can find us at Wymondham Leisure Centre, Norwich Road, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 0NT
Email us at email@example.com
Call us on 01953 607171
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook