Following the announcement by the Government on Wednesday 9th September to impose tighter restrictions on social gatherings in England from Monday 14th September, we can confirm that these will not apply to the operation of our leisure facilities at Wymondham, Long Stratton, Diss, Framingham Earl and Kett’s Park and our customers can continue to use all of them as they do at the moment. This is because we have stringent plans in place to reduce the risk if Covid-19 and because our facilities are classed as Covid-secure given the measures we have introduced, . The importance of sport and physical activity to people’s physical health and mental wellbeing has also been recognised by the Government. We have had our Covid-19 operating procedures independently assessed by health and safety specialists who praised the steps that we have taken to keep our customers and staff safe.
Sport England’s Covid-19 guidance can be found here and we have also produced a number of videos that demonstrate the measures that we have introduced at our centres, which can be found on South Norfolk Leisure’s YouTube channel.
We remain committed to ensuring that you are able to stay active with confidence with us, and we look forward to welcoming our customers back into our centres; we are ready when you are.
We will not be taking any Direct Debit payments for fitness subscriptions unless you have instructed us to restart your membership. We have a range of offers for returning members please speak to reception for details of these. Requests for restart should be made to email@example.com.
Following the recent announcement by the Government we will be reopening Wymondham Leisure Centre (expect for the pools, which will reopen in mid-August), Long Stratton Leisure Centre, Kett’s Park and Framingham Earl Sports Centre on Saturday 25th July. Diss Leisure Centre will reopen in mid-September.
At South Norfolk Council the safety of our customers and staff is extremely important to us and as you would have expected we have had to make some changes to our Centres so you can use them in a safe way. The following measures have been taken
- A queuing system will be put in place outside of the entrance
- Markers have been laid out on the floor so people adhere to being a safe distance from others
- A one-way system will be in operation at the building so there will be different entrance and exit points
- Screens have been put up at both the reception and café areas
- There will be a limit to the amount of people and time spent in the building each day
What areas of the facility will be accessible?
- Only the gym and a limited class programme will be open initially
- Members will only be allowed one activity booking per day
- There will be no access to the changing rooms
- Bananas Soft Play will be closed
- All visits will need to be pre booked to allow us to ensure safe social distancing
Why can’t I use the changing rooms?
Due to limited space in the changing room areas and the lack of airflow from windows we are unable to allow access to these rooms.
How can I get access to the centre open its open again?
The gym slots and classes will be bookable online. Members will be able to book two weeks in advance, casual gym and class users will be able to book one week in advance. If you need help making a booking watch this short video
The gym visits will run at set times with 75 minute slots - followed by a 15 minute break to allow surface cleaning and air refresh and to ensure we are able to clear the gym between sessions.
Only one activity booking per day will be permitted per member
To re-activate your membership email - firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address and the date you wish to start
All visits will need to be pre booked to allow us to ensure safe social distancing
The new centre opening hours will be:
Monday to Friday: 6:30 - 20:30 (closed 14:00 - 14.30 to allow for deep clean)
Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 - 16:15 (closed 13:00 - 13:30 to allow for deep clean)
Memberships on covid freeze will not be charged - we will only reactivate your account once your have contacted us to confirm you are ready to return
Improve and maintain your fitness levels at our fully equipped 80 station gym, which offers an extensive range of cardio and resistance equipment to suit all fitness levels.
Qualified instructors are available to help you achieve your goals and motivate you in your workout.
Minimum age for gym use is 13 years old.
When joining the gym, every new member is offered a virtual induction with a qualified gym instructor which includes everything you need to know to start your journey towards your fitness goal. Here is everything you need to know about joining our leisure centre.
We want everyone to enjoy their time at our leisure centre, so please take a few minutes to view our leisure centre guidelines.
Both members and non members are able to create an online account which can be used every time you wish to book or cancel a class - if you need any assistance with this please contact reception who will be happy to help.
- Personal training
- Free gym induction and fitness programme
- Over 40 exercise classes
- Children’s activity programmes such as Kids Camp
- Children's parties
- Roller skating
- Private hire for clubs and meetings
- Flexible pitch hire from 5 aside to 9 v 9
- Gym and class membership - no contract
- Pay as you go options
- Dementia friendly centre.
If you pay as you go for the gym or fitness classes, you can now save money, when you purchase 8 sessions you'll get 10. This same offer is also available for the gym, swimming or fitness classes at Diss and Wymondham Leisure Centres.
You'll have 90 days to use the prepaid sessions from date of purchase, so you could save ££££s
How do you get this great deal?
Buy in bulk at reception on your next visit.
This promotion is only available for casual gym, swim and fitness class users, and excludes, junior members, over 65 swimmers and Leisure Passport holders. T&Cs apply see below for more details.
Terms and conditions:
- 10 for 8 is only available in multiples of ten for a named single activity i.e. gym, swim or fitness classes.
- The 10 for 8 offer is only available on full price sessions (not available on junior, Leisure Passport or over 65 swim prices).
- The 10 sessions are valid for 90 days from date of purchase.
- Unredeemed sessions will not be refunded or extended.
- Vouchers are not transferable to other people.
- A photo will be required on your user card record when using the 10 for 8 vouchers (photo will be taken at reception at time of purchase if required).
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- This promotion can be changed or withdrawn at any time.