Following the announcement by central government of its plans to restrict the spread of COVID-19 virus by eliminating all non-essential movement, we have taken the difficult decision to fully close all four of our leisure facilities from 10pm on Tuesday 17 March.
The closure includes all fitness classes, access to the gyms, Swim School, Kids Camp, Bananas Soft Play and our 3G pitches and it is planned that the centres will remain closed until, at least 1 May 2020.
We will review this decision as the situation progresses and will provide further information as it becomes available.
We will contact customers regarding any pre-paid memberships and bookings, and we will not be taking any Direct Debit payments for fitness and Swim School subscriptions on the 1 April.
During the closure our leisure staff will be redeployed to other areas of the Council to help ensure that we can continue to deliver the essential services that are relied upon by our most vulnerable residents.
We apologise for any inconvenience that this closure causes but we are sure that you will understand the reasons for the action we have taken.
Timetables - find out what's on and when
- Personal training
- Free gym induction and fitness programme
- Over 40 exercise classes
- Children’s activity programmes such as Kids Camp
- Children's parties
- Roller skating
- Private hire for clubs and meetings
- Flexible pitch hire from 5 aside to 9 v 9
- Gym and class membership - no contract
- Pay as you go options
- Dementia friendly centre.
Improve and maintain your fitness levels at our fully equipped 80 station gym, which offers an extensive range of cardio and resistance equipment to suit all fitness levels.
Qualified instructors are available to help you achieve your goals and motivate you in your workout.
Minimum age for gym use is 13 years old.
When joining the gym, every new member is offered an induction with a qualified gym instructor which includes everything you need to know to start your journey towards your fitness goal. Here is everything you need to know about joining our leisure centre.
We want everyone to enjoy their time at our leisure centre, so please take a few minutes to view our leisure centre guidelines.
Both members and non members are able to create an online account which can be used every time you wish to book or cancel a class - if you need any assistance with this please contact reception who will be happy to help.
If you pay as you go for the gym or fitness classes, you can now save money, when you purchase 8 sessions you'll get 10. This same offer is also available for the gym, swimming or fitness classes at Diss and Wymondham Leisure Centres.
You'll have 90 days to use the prepaid sessions from date of purchase, so you could save ££££s
How do you get this great deal?
Buy in bulk at reception on your next visit.
This promotion is only available for casual gym, swim and fitness class users, and excludes, junior members, over 65 swimmers and Leisure Passport holders. T&Cs apply see below for more details.
Terms and conditions:
- 10 for 8 is only available in multiples of ten for a named single activity i.e. gym, swim or fitness classes.
- The 10 for 8 offer is only available on full price sessions (not available on junior, Leisure Passport or over 65 swim prices).
- The 10 sessions are valid for 90 days from date of purchase.
- Unredeemed sessions will not be refunded or extended.
- 10 for 8 vouchers are not redeemable online
- Vouchers are not transferable to other people.
- A photo will be required on your user card record when using the 10 for 8 vouchers (photo will be taken at reception at time of purchase if required).
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- This promotion can be changed or withdrawn at any time.
Monday to Friday: 06:30 to 22:00
Saturday to Sunday: 08:30 to 18:00
Bank holidays: 10:00 to 18:00
Last admission is 30 minutes before close.
Minimum age for gym is 13 years old.
If you wish to amend or cancel your existing membership please click here for details.
You can find us at Long Stratton Leisure Centre, Swan Lane, Long Stratton, Norwich, NR15 2UY
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on 01508 531444
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook