At present we are continuing to follow central government advice to restrict the spread of COVID-19 and the closure of our Leisure Centres continues. Read the full statement.
Our established Swim School programme at Diss Leisure Centre and Wymondham Leisure Centre takes the non-swimmer from their first splash, continuously developing their confidence and competence in the water. Swim School is great preparation and support for school swimming lessons and if you have a budding Olympian, the higher stages can help train them to compete.
All our Swim School sessions form part of the National Plan for Teaching Swimming (NPTS) and all our teachers are certified with Swim England.
Babies and children from 3 months up to 4 years can join Ducklings classes in our Learner Pool, with you as support and an experienced teacher. Your swimmer can then move on to our Stages from 1 to 7 and then there are there are many options; perhaps joining our Swimming Squad or one of the Swimming Clubs that train with us. Find out more about our Swim School stages.
- Swim School is a 50 week course with lessons running on a rolling 10 week plan following the ASA learn to swim framework
- Each child will work towards achieving set goals for their particular stage before being advised to move to the next level
- Your child's progression can be viewed via your online account
- All lessons are 30 minutes long except for squad lessons which run for an hour
- All pupils will receive a welcome pack including a Turbo the Turtle drawstring bag and bottle and a swimming hat (Ducklings will not receive a hat)
- Your Swim School membership includes FREE swimming during all public swimming sessions for your child and one accompanying adult (excluding Fun sessions).
Swim School term details
Lessons will run continuously excluding a two week Christmas break.
Swim School fees
Ducklings and Stages 1-7: monthly Direct Debit of £27.00
Squad: monthly Direct Debit of £33.00
Please note that for Direct Debit payments, you are required to give 30 days notice should you wish to withdraw your child(ren) from lessons.
Contact our Swim School team today:
Diss Leisure Centre
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on 01379 652754
Wymondham Leisure Centre
Email us at email@example.com
Call us on 01953 607171
Once you have contacted the leisure centre you wish your child to swim at, our staff will guide you through the joining process. Initially children will be booked in for an assessment by a qualified member of the team or advised of the stage they will require. The benefits of an assessment will ensure that your child is graded in the most suitable stage.
Starting Thursday 12 September we are offering new weekly Ducklings lessons at Wymondham Leisure Centre:
- 10:00am - ages 3 months to 1 year
- 10:30am - ages 1 to 2 years
- 11:00am - ages 2 to 3 years
- 11:30am - ages 3 to 4 years
Just £65 per 10 week block during term time only. Call 01953 607171 to book.
The Rookie Lifeguard Programme is a fun and exciting lifesaving awards scheme for young children at Diss Leisure Centre. Teaching self-rescue, survival, rescue and lifesaving sport skills. Rookie Lifeguard is aimed at children who have achieved Stage 7 in the learn to swim programme or have been swim tested and reached a satisfactory grade.
Benefits of becoming a Rookie Lifeguard:
- Offers the first opportunity to explore water safety
- Gradually gain independence and confidence while learning vital life skills
- Learn skills that keep themselves, their friends and their family safe in the water through a range of fun activities that lead towards a series of awards
- Learn life support skills such as the recovery position and CPR
What to expect from Rookie Lifeguard:
- 50 week course
- We follow the Royal Lifesaving Association (RLSS) framework where each Rookie will work towards bronze, silver, gold and master awards
- Sessions run by a fully qualified instructor
- Each session lasts 45 minutes
- Each sessions has both wet and dry based learning
- Monthly direct debit of £27 per month
- Includes FREE welcome pack, badges and certificates
- Includes FREE swimming during all public swimming sessions for your child and one adult (excluding Fun sessions)
Find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01379 652754.
We offer private swimming lessons with a qualified instructor, for all ages and all skill levels, at Diss Leisure Centre and Wymondham Leisure Centre. Lessons are tailored to your needs at times that suit you. One to one lessons are £22.50 for 30 minutes and two to one lessons are £32.50 in total (15 per adult/child) for 30 minutes.
Don't worry if you’re an adult who can’t swim; it's never too late to learn. Adult group swimming lessons are available at Wymondham Leisure Centre and Diss Leisure Centre (from 4 September, Wednesdays 3-4pm) for £27 per month by Direct Debit, for ages 16+.
Lessons are taught to your individual requirements, needs and desires and you can have as many lessons as you choose. As part of these lessons you can also enjoy free swimming at our public swimming sessions to help with your progress.
Contact the centres on the details below for more information.