The Tourism Covid 19 Adaptions Grant has now closed due to all the funds being allocated.
In a major investment to support one of Norfolk's key industries, funding of £2.225m has been pooled together to provide a Tourism Sector Support Package.
The project, working in partnership with all seven district councils, Norfolk County Council and Visit East of England, aims to help the tourism sector recover from the impact of COVID-19.
In the Broadland & South Norfolk district areas this will be achieved through business grants as well as spend on public spaces that have a tourism offering, to offer confidence to visitors and locals.
The grant is detailed below:
The Tourism Business Covid-19 Adaptation Grant is a small business grant fund to support businesses in adapting to meet social distancing and hygiene requirements. Since June 2020, businesses have had to meet new regulations in order to reopen or continue trading during the COVID-19 pandemic. The grants are designed to recompense up to 50% of the costs brought about by making the changes necessary to meet these regulations.
Grants of between £250 and £2500 are available to support businesses with their adaptations and interventions to comply with social distancing or hygiene requirements brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. On the 23rd June 2020, the UK Government announced that businesses could safely reopen to visitors from the 4th July 2020. The fund will provide up to 50% of the cost of any activity relating to the above elements, and can be claimed on spend which has occurred since 23rd June 2020.
To be eligible for the fund, businesses must:
- Employ less than 50 people
- Be based in South Norfolk
- Operate in the Tourism, Hospitality, Leisure, Cultural, and Visitor Economy sectors
- Have not claimed other specific grant funding to support re-opening activities, including the purchase of PPE, following lockdown
- Needs to have the minimum of £500 in costs to claim for. (Exclusive of VAT, where the business is VAT registered)
- Must be able to provide receipts and photographs for all items claimed.