What is social prescribing?
Social prescribing is a non-medical solution to social, emotional or practical issues that may be causing health problems, or making them worse.
It’s a way to access extra services and support, through a GP, nurse or health care professional, to improve your health and wellbeing.
Benefits to you
- Social prescribing can lead to many positive outcomes, including:
- Helping you feel healthier and happier
- Getting you involved with your local community
- Linking you with new friends and like-minded individuals
- Helping you back into work or accessing training and education
- Helping you manage financial problems.
Where to access social prescribing
We are rolling out social prescribing across South Norfolk. The surgeries who are currently running the service are:
- Wymondham Medical Centre
- Lawns Medical Practice
- Long Stratton Medical Partnership
- Chet Valley Medical Practice
- Poringland Old Mill
- Poringland Heathgate
- Roundwell, Costessey
- Beechcroft, Costessey
- Hingham Surgery
- Cringleford Surgery
- Church Hill Surgery, Pulham Market
We expect to be operating from all surgeries in South Norfolk by June 2018.
Find out more
To find out more about social prescribing, contact a Community Connector or the Help Hub on 01508 533933.
If you are a health care professional and would like to know more please contact us.