What is social prescribing?
Social prescribing is a non-medical solution to social, emotional or practical issues that may be causing health problems, or making them worse.
It’s a way to access extra services and support, through a GP, nurse or health care professional, to improve your health and wellbeing.
Benefits to you
Social prescribing can lead to many positive outcomes, including:
- Helping you feel healthier and happier
- Getting you involved with your local community
- Linking you with new friends and like-minded individuals
- Helping you back into work or accessing training and education
- Helping you manage financial problems.
Where to access social prescribing
All surgeries across South Norfolk offer social prescribing. Just speak to your GP, Nurse or healthcare professional who can refer you to this service.
Find out more
To find out more about social prescribing, contact a Community Connector or the Help Hub on 01508 533933.
If you are a health care professional and would like to know more please contact us.