- Garden waste
- DIY waste
- Liquid paint, oils, fertilizers
- Large items such as furniture
- Hot ash or loose ash (please wrap up)
- Sharps such as needles
- Fluorescent tubes/gas bottles
You can take DIY materials to your local Norfolk County Council recycling centres. Find out where your nearest recycling centre is located.
Hazardous and clinical waste
Examples of hazardous waste include asbestos, bug spray, chemicals, garden weed killer, solvents, tins of paint, items which contain gas such as fridges. Find out how to dispose of hazardous waste.
We provide a collection service for clinical waste, find out more.
You should not put items in your black rubbish bin that can be recycled. Find out what you can put in your green recycling bin.
Your garden waste can be:
- Collected through our garden waste collection scheme
- Composted at home
- Taken to a Norfolk County Council Recycling Centre.
You must not put waste which comes from a business in the household rubbish bin. We offer a specialist commercial waste collection service.