The following items can be recycled in your green recycling bin. All recycling must be:
- Clean – please rinse containers and do not put in any food leftovers
- Loose – please do not put anything in plastic bags or black bin liners
- Dry – please ensure the bin lid remains shut.
- Packaging card and cardboard
- Wrapping paper
- Greeting cards
- Catalogues/telephone books
- Shredded paper.
- All steel and aluminium cans and tins
- Clean foil containers
- Empty aerosol cans
- Aluminium foil.
- Milk and drink bottles (lids on)
- Bathroom bottles (lids on)
- Food and ready meal trays (including black plastic trays)
- Fruit and vegetables punnets
- Yoghurt, cream and soup pots
- Ice cream and margarine tubs.
- Milk cartons
- Juice cartons.
- Glass bottles - lids on
- Glass jars - lids on.
What can't go in your green recycling bin
The following cannot be recycled in your green bin:
- Plastic bags, cling film and junk mail bags
- Polystyrene packaging
- Flower and plant pots
- DIY waste
- Window or mirror glass
- Drinking glasses
- Light bulbs
- Plastic engine oil bottles
- Sharps such as needles
- Garden waste
- Animal waste.
We will not collect your bin if it contains any items (including plastic bags) that can’t be recycled.
For further tips and advice on how you can save money, save resources and reduce the amount you waste read the Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Guide.