If you are concerned about flooding and would like information and advice, please visit our flooding advice page. If you need any further information or guidance please call 01508 533633. If you are, or you know someone who is vulnerable and in need of help to manage the impact of flooding, please call 01508 533933.
For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Outdoor advertisements and signs

If you would like to display a business sign or advertisement outside, then it is likely you will need advert consent.

For more information about how advertisement control works in England please view the Government's Advertisement Control guidance leaflet or the full regulations.

Please note that where a sign is on a listed building you may also need listed building consent.

Advertisements and business signs in the open countryside

We are keen to encourage business signs that are necessary to direct customers and are appropriate for their setting, in terms of scale and appearance. However, it is important that directional advertisement signs do not conflict with, or in any way mimic standard traffic signs put up by the Local Highway Authority, and that they are not located on highway land.

In order to encourage good quality applications for advertisement consent, and to reduce future enforcement action to remove inappropriate and unauthorised advertisements signs, we have prepared an advertisement and sign guidance note for you to read.