We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. If you need COVID-19 related support, please call 01508 533933
For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Article 4 direction

Article 4 directions are made when the character of an area of acknowledged importance would be threatened by development. They are most common in conservation areas.

An Article 4 direction removes certain rights that you would normally have to carry out certain works to your property, such as the ability to alter windows or construct extensions.

Where a property is affected by an Article 4 direction, you will need to submit a planning application before you start any works. A fee will be required.

Download the Guide to Article 4 Direction for Trowse: Questions and Answers here.

Download the Article 4 Direction No.2 Trowse-with-Newton here.