We don't just work with social landlords, if you are a private landlord with a property to rent in South Norfolk, we would like to talk to you. We understand the importance of renting your property to reliable tenants and we can provide a range of services to achieve that. The fee will be dependent on what you need and the services provided will be tailored to you.
List of services
- Training for prospective tenants ensuring that they have the skills and understanding to manage a tenancy
- Checks on identity and immigration status
- Checks on income and affordability
- Checks on conduct of previous tenancies
- Advertising your property on our Home Options website
- Accompany tenant on viewings if required
- Assistance with documentation such as drawing up the tenancy agreement
- Advice on the Rent Advance and Deposit Scheme – an affordable loan for qualifying tenants towards the deposit and first month’s rent
- Assistance with inventory check with landlord and tenant
- Agreements signed by landlord and tenant to help avoid future issues and ensure that appropriate support and assistance can be put in place to prevent problems before they become a crisis.
- Assistance with Housing Benefit / Council Tax Support claims if applicable
- Assistance with other claims, e.g. Other benefits, Universal Credit, Welfare Assistance Scheme, etc. to help make the tenancy affordable and sustainable.
- We'll help find a single point of contact in PRS Coordinator for landlord and tenant for any issues or queries arising enabling discussion / negotiation / support referral / mediation / resolution.
- PRS Coordinator has direct contact with services within South Norfolk Council, e.g. Housing Standards Team, Welfare and Debt advice, FIRST Officer support, Housing Benefit Team, Early Help Hub and Housing Options Team.
- Monitoring of Housing Benefit claim and changes, including supporting direct payments to landlord if appropriate.
- Point of contact for any issues or concerns such as anti-social behaviour, rent delays or arrears, maintenance of the property and/or garden.
- Sign out procedure
- Inventory check
- Verification of meter readings
- Advise Housing Benefit and Council Tax
A landlord can join the scheme with regards to a current tenant where the services provided ‘Throughout the Tenancy’ and at the ‘End of the Tenancy’ will apply. We are currently not offering a full property management service. This is because we focus on managing the people, not the property.
If you would like to discuss our Private Rented Sector service further please contact Denise Lawson on 01508 533716 or firstname.lastname@example.org.