Tenancy disputes

Legal and illegal eviction

If you rent from a private landlord or some registered social providers, you may have an assured shorthold tenancy (AST). If you have an AST your landlord has to follow a legal process to evict you. You can find more information on your tenancy agreement on GOV.UK.

Contact us to find out if you are being illegally evicted.


Any action by your landlord which stops you living quietly and safely in your own home counts as harassment. This includes interfering with your possessions or utilities, threatening you, visiting too often or without adequate notice.

Contact us if you feel you are being harassed.