If you are threatened with homelessness, have a housing need or wish to apply for affordable accommodation in South Norfolk, our Housing Options Team may be able to help.
When you contact us, an officer will take some basic information about you and your circumstances. We will then be able to advise you on the housing options that may be available to you.
If you answer "yes" to any of the questions below, you could have a housing need:
- Are you homeless today?
- Are you in danger of losing your home or being evicted?
- Is your health or welfare affected by your current home?
- Do you need more bedrooms than you have?
- Is your home too large for you?
- Are you struggling to afford your rent or mortgage?
- Is your home in poor repair?
- Are you in supported housing and ready to move on?
- Are you interested in housing for people over 55 years old?
- Are you suffering, or at risk of, abuse or harassment?
We will also need to establish if you have a local connection to South Norfolk.
Housing options may include:
- Lodging and shared accommodation
- Supported accommodation
- Taking in a lodger if you have a spare room
- Social housing (to join our housing register you must have an assessed housing need or be living or working in South Norfolk)
- Renting in the private sector
- Affordable home ownership
- Sheltered housing or housing with care
- Multi-agency Early Help support
To get help, please call us on 01508 533751 or Freephone 0808 168 2222 or complete our online enquiry form.