Unhappy with the conduct of a councillor

Councillors of South Norfolk Council and town and parish councils within South Norfolk are governed by a Code of Conduct. The Code covers their general behaviour and requires them to register and declare their financial and other interests.

The South Norfolk Council Code of Conduct is part of the Constitution (Part 5). Town and parish councils adopt their own Codes of Conduct and to access these you can contact the individual council or look on their website.

Find contact details for your local town or parish council.

How to make a complaint

Complaints relating to any councillors breaching their Code of Conduct are considered by South Norfolk Council. If you would like an informal chat about your concerns, please contact our Monitoring Officer on 01508 533791.

If you would like to make an official complaint, please complete the complaint form and return by email or by post to Monitoring Officer, South Norfolk Council, South Norfolk House, Cygnet Court, Long Stratton, Norwich NR15 2XE.

To find out more about how we process complaints and the action we may take, please read the guidance notes.