Petitions are one way in which people can let us know their concerns.
A petition can be presented at an ordinary meeting of the Full Council if it is received by the Democratic Services Team by midday, one working day before the meeting is due to take place, and it is signed by at least ten people living in South Norfolk. The subject of the petition must be about a matter for which we have responsibility for or which affects the district.
What are the guidelines for submitting a petition?
Petitions submitted to us must include:
- A clear and concise statement covering the subject of the petition
- The action the petitioners wish for us to take
- The name, address and signature of those supporting the petition.
Petitions should be accompanied by contact details, including an address for the petition organiser. This is the person we will contact to explain how we will respond to the petition.
Petitions, which are considered to be vexatious, abusive or otherwise inappropriate, will not be accepted.
Full Council cannot consider petitions that:
- Relate to an undetermined planning application
- Contain any insulting, confidential or exempt material.
Please email petitions to us or post to Democratic Services, South Norfolk Council, South Norfolk House, Cygnet Court, Long Stratton, Norwich, NR15 2XE.