Report a change

If your circumstances have recently changed please let us know as soon as possible so we can make sure you're getting the benefits you're entitled to. You have one month to tell us of your changes.

These changes might include:

  • Change of address
  • Change of bank details
  • Your income or the income of anyone living with you has changed. This includes changes to benefits and tax credits
  • Someone has moved into or out of your home (including lodgers and subtenants)
  • You have had another child, a child has left school or you no longer get Child Benefit for them
  • You or someone living with you, has started or stopped getting any state benefit
  • You or anyone living with you has started work, self-employment or has changed or left a job
  • Your savings or investments have changed
  • You have moved or your rent has changed
  • You have stopped caring for someone and stopped getting Carer’s Allowance or someone you look after has stopped getting Attendance Allowance
  • You or anyone living with you, have become a student, started an apprenticeship or youth training scheme, gone into hospital or a nursing home, or gone into or come out of prison
  • You or anyone living with you is going to be away.

If you don’t tell us of your change, you may have to pay the money back, not get the money you’re entitled to, or lose your benefit.