At South Norfolk Council’s AGM, held on Wednesday 22 May, Councillor Graham Minshull was elected Chairman and Councillor Florence Ellis was elected to the post of Vice-Chairman.
At the same meeting Councillor John Fuller was re-elected as South Norfolk Council Leader for the 12 year.
Councillor Fuller said: “I am very proud to have been re-elected as Leader of South Norfolk Council. I am also very proud that the great work we are doing is being recognised nationally. This year we have been shortlisted for a national award as Most Commercial Council and we have been re-accredited with Investors in People Platinum; a level that has only been achieved by one other council.
“We have exciting times ahead as we continue to look for new opportunities and strive to make South Norfolk one of the best places to live and work in the country.”
Councillor Fuller also announced his new Cabinet team.
Into the Cabinet comes Councillor Alison Thomas who represents Stratton and will lead on Finance and Resources.
The new Cabinet is:
- John Fuller, Leader with responsibility for Economy, External Affairs and Policy.
- Alison Thomas with responsibility for Finance and Resources.
- Yvonne Bendle, Health, Housing and Wellbeing.
- Lisa Neal, Planning and Economic Growth
- Keith Kiddie, who is responsible for Regulatory and Environmental Excellence.
- Kay Mason Billig as Deputy Leader and for Stronger Communities and Governance.
New Chairman Graham Minshull said that it was an honour to be elected to the roll. He thanked Councillor John Overton for his hard work in promoting the Council as Chairman over the previous year. Councillor Minshull also named the charities that he would be supporting during his time in office. They are; Muscular Dystrophy UK and The Royal Anglian Regiment Benevolent Charity.