We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits by pre-appointment. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. If you are a resident and need support relating to COVID-19 please call our Help Hub on 01508 533933.
For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Apply for it (services or licences)

Listed below are a list of services which currently allow for online registration/use. Click on a relevant link to find out how to apply online.

  • Am I eligible to apply for the Housing Register?
    South Norfolk Council's housing register is called Home Options. Not everyone is able to join Home Options. The following online form will help you to check whether you are eligible to join or not.

  • Benefits calculator
    Our benefits calculator will help you find out what benefits you can claim. The calculator is free to use and the details you provide are anonymous.

  • Bid for Housing
    If you are a resident of South Norfolk or employed in the district you may be able to apply for affordable homes to rent through the South Norfolk Options scheme.

  • Building control - Make an application
    Full Plan, Building Notice and Regularisation applications can be made from here.

  • Licensing – new premises
    Application for a premises licence to be granted under the Licensing Act 2003.

  • Licensing - TENS
    Temporary Events Notice (TEN) under section 100 of the Licensing Act 2003, a proposal to carry on a temporary activity at the premises.

  • Looking/applying for a job
    Looking to work for South Norfolk Council, here you will find a full listing of all current vacancies

  • Make a planning enquiry
    If you're planning to extend or make alterations to your home and you don't know what permission, if any, you need - fill out this form with the details.

  • Make a planning application
    Find out how to submit a planning application.

  • Register to vote
    This service will also allow you to update your name, address or other details, opt in or out of the open register and apply for a postal or proxy vote.

  • Universal Credit application
    If you and your partner live together you have to apply as a couple. You will need to have a bank account to apply for Universal Credit. After you apply, you must contact your local Job Centre Plus within 7 days to make an appointment. You won’t get Universal Credit if you don’t attend the appointment.