Do it online | South Norfolk Council

Do it online

All our online services can be found here. If you have a customer account for South Norfolk, you will be able to easily access services and won't need to tell us who you are as we'll already know. To register for an account click the 'Register' link in the top right corner of the page.
  • Am I eligible to apply for the Housing Register?
    South Norfolk Council's housing register is called Home Options. Not everyone is able to join Home Options. The following online form will help you to check whether you are eligible to join or not.

  • Benefits calculator
    Our benefits calculator will help you find out what benefits you can claim. The calculator is free to use and the details you provide are anonymous.

  • Bid for Housing
    If you are a resident of South Norfolk or employed in the district you may be able to apply for affordable homes to rent through the South Norfolk Options scheme.

  • Building control - Make an application
    Full Plan, Building Notice and Regularisation applications can be made from here.

  • Licensing – new premises
    Application for a premises licence to be granted under the Licensing Act 2003.

  • Licensing - TENS
    Temporary Events Notice (TEN) under section 100 of the Licensing Act 2003, a proposal to carry on a temporary activity at the premises.

  • Looking/applying for a job
    Looking to work for South Norfolk Council, here you will find a full listing of all current vacancies.

  • Make a planning enquiry
    If you're planning to extend or make alterations to your home and you don't know what permission, if any, you need - fill out this form with the details.

  • Register to vote
    This service will also allow you to update your name, address or other details, opt in or out of the open register and apply for a postal or proxy vote.

  • Universal Credit application
    If you and your partner live together you have to apply as a couple. You will need to have a bank account to apply for Universal Credit. After you apply, you must contact your local Job Centre Plus within 7 days to make an appointment. You won’t get Universal Credit if you don’t attend the appointment.

  • Business rates
    Pay for business rates or set up a direct debit.

  • Council Tax payment
    Pay for your Council Tax or set up a direct debit.

  • Garden waste bin
    Pay an invoice for your garden waste bin, you will need to enter your 10 digit Invoice number which starts 07.

  • Housing Benefit overpayment
    Pay back any overpayments for housing benefit.

  • Invoice
    Pay any invoice from South Norfolk Council, you will need to enter your 10 digit Invoice number which starts 07.

  • Temporary accommodation
    Pay your contribution to the temporary accommodation arrangements. You will need to enter your 10 digit reference which starts 0522.

  • Abandoned vehicle
    We can remove vehicles when we consider them to be abandoned by their owner, this is usually where it is not taxed, has not moved for at least 21 days and is in a poor state of repair. If the vehicle is on private land it can only be removed with the landowner's consent.
  • Change of address
    If your circumstances have recently changed please let us know as soon as possible so we can make sure you're getting the benefits you're entitled to. You have one month to tell us of your changes.

  • Flytipping
    Flytipping is waste that has been illegally dumped on land. It is a criminal offence which can result in a Fixed Penalty Notice or prosecution in the Magistrates or Crown Court.

  • Lost or damaged bin
    If your bin is lost or damaged please report it here in order to get a replacement bin.

  • Missed bin
    Please do not report a missed bin before 4pm on the day of collection as our crews may still be out and on their way to you.

  • Nuisance/noise complaint
    We can investigate noise complaints that affect your home or business in South Norfolk. There are no set noise constraints that people need to adhere to; it is really a question of what is reasonable behaviour. The circumstances differ for each case and we must consider them carefully before we take action.

  • Street cleaning
    Report a dirty street or path that requires cleaning, this also includes overflowing dog waste dins and litter bins.

  • Book a Bulky Waste collection
    Bulky waste includes large household items such as furniture, electrical items and white goods.

  • Commercial waste
    Request a quote to have your commercial waste collected and disposed of.

  • Customer feedback
    Provide us with compliments or make a complaint via this online form.

  • Event notification
    Request us to add an event you are hosting or running to our calendar of events.

  • Handy person
    Request a handy person to visit and help with installing small items that will help you to continue to live independently in your own home.

  • Request for support
    Everybody needs a bit of extra support from time to time and the Help Hub makes sure people get that help as soon as possible, if they begin to experience difficulties. 

  • Pest control
    Our Pest Control Team provide an expert service for both domestic and commercial premises in South Norfolk.

  • Make a planning enquiry
    If you're planning to extend or make alterations to your home and you don't know what permission, if any, you need - fill out this form with the details.

  • Garden waste service
    We offer a reasonably priced garden waste service, supplying you with a brown garden waste bin which will be collected every two weeks (except over Christmas). All material collected is locally composted.

  • General enquiry
    Submit your questions to us online and we will respond as soon as possible.

  • Leisure centre class
    Book a class or activity at one of our leisure centres. Simply select the centre you want to do a class or activity at to see what is available and book it.

  • Find or comment on a planning application
    You can find details of current and determined planning applications and comment on any planning applications during the 21 day consultation period, either through our online planning system or in writing.

  • Book a child on Kids Camp
    Our exciting jam packed Kids Camp takes place every school holiday at Long Stratton High School and Wymondham Leisure Centre. Children aged 5 to 15 can enjoy a programme full of activities. Kids Camp is Ofsted registered, which means we accept childcare vouchers, making it more affordable for everyone.

You may also be interested in