We have various support grants available if your business has been affected by COVID-19, you can find the details of our grants below. You may also find it helpful to visit the Government’s Coronavirus business support finder.
Discretionary business grants (Additional Restrictions Grant)
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) will predominantly pay discretionary business grants to support qualifying businesses that are not covered by other grant schemes.
Phase Two of the scheme now welcomes applications from large, small and mircro local businesses that have been severely impacted by the pandemic. This phase will be seeking to reach many businesses that did not apply within the three-week window of Phase One.
Subject to other qualifying criteria this discretionary scheme provides support to businesses in the following circumstances:
- A rated business that has been severely impacted by the pandemic that does not qualify for any of the Local Restrictions Support Grant payments made available during periods of National Restrictions
- A business that has been severely impacted by the pandemic that operates from premises which are either not business rated, or without its own business rating
- A business that has so far been unable to receive any COVID-19 financial support
- A business that employs 10 or more full-time equivalent employees locally requesting a top-up to a Local Restrictions Support Grant award
If your business does not fit into one of these categories, we regret that we are unable to accept an application from you.
More than half of grant awards are likely to be for £2,000 but in some exceptional cases grant awards may be as high as £20,000.
We are not operating the ARG in a way that relates grant payments to specific periods. We are seeking to provide support to a wide range of affected businesses and aim to have distributed more than £3m of funds by the end of April 2021.
Lockdown and Tier 4 business grants
If your business was forced to close due to national lockdown or under Tier 4 restrictions, Local Restrictions Support Grants are available.
Businesses will qualify for grants if their premises is both:
- Subject to its own business rates assessment (whether the ratepayer is in receipt of rate reliefs/discounts or not), and
- Where those premises were required to close by law under national lockdown from either 5 November to 2 December 2020 or Tier 4/lockdown restrictions from 26 December 2020
The value of the grant award for each 28 day period will be based on the rateable value of the premises:
- Rateable value up to £15,000: £1,334
- Rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000: £2,000
- Rateable value over £51,000: £3,000
Pubs and restaurants not able to admit customers but that offer takeaway, click and collect or delivery services will qualify for the grant.
If you have already received a Local Restrictions Support Grant for the November lockdown you do not need to reapply and we will pay you the Tier 4/lockdown payments in January 2021.
If you haven’t already claimed the Local Restrictions Support Grant to cover the national lockdown from 5 November to 2 December 2020, please apply now, applications close for this period on 31 January 2021. By completing this form you will also receive payments for as long as we remain in Tier 4/national lockdown.
Closed Business Lockdown payments for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
We are now making one-off grant payments to eligible retail, hospitality and leisure businesses forced to close. The one-off additional grant for each business premises will depend on their rateable value:
- Rateable value up to £15,000: £4,000
- Rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000: £6,000
- Rateable value over £51,000: £9,000
If you have already applied for a Local Restrictions Support Grant we will be in touch and will be making payments automatically without the need to apply. If you haven't already applied for a Local Restrictions Support Grant please complete the application form.
Tier 2 business grants
If your business experienced significant financial impact as a result of the Tier 2 local restrictions in place from 2 December to 25 December 2020 funding is available.
For rated businesses that were not permitted to reopen in Tier 2, such as pubs that cannot serve substantial meals, funding is available from the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed).
For all businesses that were permitted to open but continued to experience significant financial impact, further discretionary business support, the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) is available to eligible business. Businesses that operate within the leisure, hotel B&B and hospitality sectors, as well as tourism, events and culture (including pubs, takeaways and restaurants, that continued to experience significant financial impact) are now invited to apply. This is also available to non-rated businesses.
Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs
If your business is a wet-led pub that derives less than 50% of its income from food sales, you are entitled to a one-off grant of £1,000. Applications close on 31 January 2021.
If you have not heard from us, please visit our Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs page.
If you are unclear whether you qualify for any of our grants:
Call: 0300 790 6290