We have various support grants available if your business has been affected by COVID-19, you can find the details of our grants below. You may also find it helpful to visit the Government’s Coronavirus business support finder.
Hospitality Restart Adaptations Grant
This scheme will provide grants to help hospitality businesses reopen safely as we move through the Governments’ roadmap out of lockdown.
Grants of between £250 and up to £7,500 are available to support businesses with the adaptations required to improve their outdoor facilities which may include outdoor furniture, heating and lighting, weather-shielding equipment, such as wind breaks, umbrellas and temporary structures to keep waiting visitors dry or safe, such as awnings or marquees.
Discretionary business grants (Additional Restrictions Grant)
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) will predominantly pay discretionary business grants to support qualifying businesses that are not covered by other grant schemes.
Phase Two of the scheme now welcomes applications from large, small and micro local businesses that have been severely impacted by the pandemic. This phase will be seeking to reach many businesses that did not apply within the three-week window of Phase One.
Subject to other qualifying criteria this discretionary scheme provides support to businesses in the following circumstances:
- A rated business that has been severely impacted by the pandemic that does not qualify for any of the Local Restrictions Support Grant payments made available during periods of National Restrictions
- A business that has been severely impacted by the pandemic that operates from premises which are either not business rated, or without its own business rating
- A business that has so far been unable to receive any COVID-19 financial support
- A business that employs 10 or more full-time equivalent employees locally requesting a top-up to a Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum award (this is the grant paid to businesses for periods when they were required by law to close).
If your business does not fit into one of these categories, we regret that we are unable to accept an application from you, businesses only in receipt of a grant for the Tier 2 period of restrictions can apply.
More than half of grant awards are likely to be for £2,000 but in some exceptional cases grant awards may be as high as £20,000.
We are not operating the ARG in a way that relates grant payments to specific periods. We are seeking to provide support to a wide range of affected businesses and based on the current levels of awards we expect this scheme to close to new applications before the middle of April 2021.
Funding for this scheme is fixed. Applications will be considered in the order in which they’re received and once all the funding has been awarded, we will regrettably have to decline requests for support. So please make sure you submit your application today.
Restart and Lockdown business grants
Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG) and Restart Grants are available to you if your business was forced to close due to the recent period of national lockdown.
- LRSG payments can still be claimed for the period of closure between 16 February and 31 March 2021.
- Restart Grants are available to customer facing non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym businesses to allow them to open safely as the lockdown restrictions ease.
Businesses will qualify for grants if your premises are:
- Subject to its own business rates assessment (whether the ratepayer is in receipt of rate reliefs/discounts or not), and
- Where those premises were required to close by law under national lockdown from 5 January 2021
The value of the grant award is based on the rateable value of the premises that you occupy.
If you have already received a Local Restrictions Support Grant for the lockdown period up to 31 March you do not need to reapply. We will pay you the Restart Grant payments in April 2021.
If you haven’t claimed a Local Restrictions Support Grant to cover the national lockdown up to 31 March 2021 or wish to only claim a Restart Grant, you will need to make an application.
If you are unclear whether you qualify for any of our grants:
Call: 0300 790 6290