South Norfolk is ranked within the top 50 areas to live in the UK with one of the largest economies within Norfolk and Suffolk. South Norfolk is an ideal place to relocate your business with good infrastructure and a skilled workforce.
A range of initiatives are being delivered in South Norfolk to bring business into the local area, including:
- Norwich Research Park Enterprise Zone
- Cambridge Norwich Tech Corridor
- Greater Norwich Food Enterprise Zone
- Better Broadband for Norfolk
- Promotion of South Norfolk employment land.
At South Norfolk Council, we are focused on helping businesses to find the best location to grow and enhance their business, by providing access to relevant sector support and business support services.
South Norfolk Economic Growth Strategy 2016-2021
South Norfolk is a key driver of economic growth for Greater Norwich and beyond and already home to leading research institutes and innovative businesses.
South Norfolk’s Economic Growth Strategy is a key part of the emerging Greater Norwich economic development activity via an integrated and collaborative approach. It aims to achieve the following:
- Address key economic and labour market issues impacting on economic growth within South Norfolk and Greater Norwich
- Provide the right conditions, support and infrastructure to allow businesses to start-up, grow and invest
- Create more employment and training opportunities for local people
- Leverage greater levels of funding and investment into South Norfolk
- Maximise economic and community benefits to South Norfolk residents as a result of growth
- Progress a more integrated approach to economic growth across service areas (internally) and in collaboration with others (externally).