We are currently asking people to only come into our offices for essential visits. Where possible, people should contact us by phone or email or through our website. If you are a resident and need help or support relating to Covid-19, please call our Help Hub on 01508 533933.
For up-to-date information about our services and links to useful advice, see our Coronavirus page

Health and Safety

We provide Health and Safety at Work advice, guidance and enforcement for a range of businesses in South Norfolk.

Health and safety enforcement responsibilities are split between South Norfolk Council and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

If you are concerned about a health and safety issue, you can make a complaint to us or send your complaint to the HSE depending on the type of business your concern is regarding. Please see below for guidance on who is responsible for what.

Report an accident

Certain workplace accidents, near misses and occupational diseases involving employees, contractors or members of the public must be reported as part of the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).

Find out more about the type of incidents that should be reported and how to report an incident to the HSE.

Sunday trading

There are limits to when businesses can trade on a Sunday, find out about trading hours for retailers.