Before you make a planning application
We want to work with you to get the highest quality developments so that everyone benefits. Our specialist advice and guidance can really help you get your application right, well before you get to the formal application stage. However if you are confident you know what you need to do and don't need any advice, get the application forms you need now.
Pre-application advice is a very important part of the way every development should be managed. It does not matter whether we are talking about a small-scale home development or a big commercial scheme for new businesses or shops, for example.
From the developerís point of view, it means key and detailed advice from us can be built into any scheme before it is put forward. We can flag up any issues early on, and work to resolve them. That can save the disappointment of having your application refused because of a problem that could have been spotted and dealt with right at the start of the process.
Our pre-application advice can:
- Help achieve high quality development;
- Avoid expensive mistakes being made at the application stage;
- Speed up the processing of the application;
- Make sure those groups or individuals you have to consult by law are engaged as early as possible;
- Identify those schemes which are unlikely to win support.
What Service do we offer?
We offer this service on request and by appointment. To get started, write or e-mail with your proposals as early as you possibly can, giving us as much information as possible. For big applications, we will set up a development team to bring you together with planning offers, and where appropriate, some of those external consultees.
What we will do for you
In all cases we will provide the following for you as part of our service:
- Advice on the development plan background to your proposal.We adopted our Local Plan in 2003.
- Advise you of any other planning guidance relevant to your proposal.
- Provide you with any leaflets or briefing notes which may help you form your proposal.
- Make sure you have a set of application forms.
- Where necessary give you a written summary of our advice.
- Make sure you have a named officer as your contact point should you need to speak to someone before you make your application.
|contact officer/team:||Planning Administration|
|web:||online enquiry form|
|freephone:||0808 168 3000|
|address:||South Norfolk Council
South Norfolk House
Norwich NR15 2XE
If you need information in large print, audio cassette, braille, translation (written or verbal) or signed interpretation, let us know when you contact us. About our translation services
Last updated on: 24 April 2008