How to comment on a planning application
You can comment on any planning applications submitted to us where the consultation period is still open, either online via our Planning Explorer or in writing.
Adobe Measuring Tool
The Adobe Measuring Tool allows you to measure distances, angles and areas of objects in PDF planning application documents, This will help inform your feedback on applications where you would like to put forward your comments.
Click here for more information and instructions on how to get started or follow the link in the downloads section below.
- Find the application you wish to comment on. If you know the application reference number you can go straight to the details of the application by doing an application number search.
- If you don't know the application reference number, you can search the system for applications. See our page on Latest planning information for details of functions available on the planning pages.
- Once you have the details of a planning application, you will see a tab near the top of the page called 'make a comment'. You will need to register before making a comment but will then be able to save searches and track applications you are interested in. From December 2012, it will be possible to take dimensions from submitted drawings using the Adobe Measuring Tool.
- If the statutory period for consultation (21 days) has expired, the link will no longer be available. However, if the "status" is PENDING CONSIDERATION, you may still comment on the application by sending an email to email@example.com or writing to South Norfolk Council. You should note however, that the application may be determined at any time after the 21 day period has expired and there is no guarantee that late submissions can be taken into account. Please quote the application number in any correspondence.
- If you would prefer not to send us your comments on a planning application online, you can either email or post them to us - our contact details are at the foot of this page. Remember to include the planning application reference number.
- Remember that any comments you send, whether they are sent online or by email or post, will be published on this website for everyone to see, and we reserve the right to remove from this website any comment which contains any words which are or may be defamatory or offensive.
If you are worried about your contact details and signature appearing on our website, do the following when you comment on planning applications:
- Print your name instead of adding your signature to any documents, and initial the printed name.
- Send e-mailed comments as an attachment, so that only the attachment can be published (and not your email address).
- Do not include your telephone number if you do not want people to know it.
If you don't think this is enough to protect your identity, then send your comments to your local councillor, who will make sure they are taken into account when any decision is made.
The following link(s) require a plug-in, and will open in a new browser window . About downloading files.
|contact officer/team:||Planning Administration|
|web:||online enquiry form|
|freephone:||0808 168 3000|
|address:||South Norfolk Council
South Norfolk House
Norwich NR15 2XE
If you need information in large print, audio cassette, braille, translation (written or verbal) or signed interpretation, let us know when you contact us. About our translation services
Last updated on: 28 January 2013