What do I need to bring to a housing advice interview?
To enable the housing and advice officer to verify your housing need and give housing options, you will be asked to bring some documents with you to the interview. Unfortunately, without all the documents, your interview is likely to be cancelled. During the interview you may give us information that will need further verification. please see below for the documents that may be required.
Documents for verification purposes may include:
- Birth certificate and/or passport to prove you are eligible.
- Rent account and landlord reference.
- Letter from health professionals supporting any medical need to move.
- Housing needs report from an occupational therapist if your home is unsuitable due to health issues.
- Evidence of income, benefits, tax credits, child benefit (payslips, award letters).
- Evidence of savings, investments, equity, mortgage (passbooks, statements, premium bond, ISA statements, mortgage statement).
- Tenancy agreement, notice requiring possession, bailiffs warrant.
- Mortgage statement.
- Evidence of addresses for the last 10 years.
- Employment contract.
- Details of rent arrears and/or contact details of landlord.
- Information regarding any significant debt (we can provide advice).
- Proof of pregnancy (Mat B1, Ante natal record)
A housing officer will advise you what information or evidence is required.
It is important to understand that deliberately making your housing situation worse, giving false information or failing to provide relevant information will affect your housing application. South Norfolk Council will take action against anyone making fraudulent claims to secure housing.
Related pages on this website
|contact officer/team:||Housing and Advice Team|
|web:||online enquiry form|
|freephone:||0808 168 2222|
|address:||South Norfolk Council
South Norfolk House
Norwich NR15 2XE
If you need information in large print, audio cassette, braille, translation (written or verbal) or signed interpretation, let us know when you contact us. About our translation services
Last updated on: 01 November 2011