Fridge & freezer collections
For a small charge we can collect your unwanted refrigerator and/or freezer and make sure that the CFC gases inside are safely disposed of.
How to request a fridge/freezer collection
- Contact us online (link under 'Online forms' below), or by e-mail, telephone or letter (our details are at the foot of this page);
- Information we will need from you:
- your full name;
- your full address including your postcode;
- your home telephone number and a number which we can contact you on during normal office hours if this is different;
- your email address (if applicable);
- how you would like us to respond to you, and;
- the type of fridge or freezer you want collected.
About the service
We collect unwanted fridges, freezers or fridge-freezers from outside your premises within three working days, and a charge is made for each item - see our service charges.
Payment can be made via telephone using credit/debit card, or cheque/postal orders can be sent to us by post. See Making payments to South Norfolk Council for details.
This service does not include the collection of any other Bulky waste items.
As fridges and freezers can be a safety hazard for children, please remove or tape up the door and lay the item face down if possible.
Related pages on this website
|contact officer/team:||Support Team|
|web:||online enquiry form|
|freephone:||0808 168 3333|
|address:||South Norfolk Council
South Norfolk House
Norwich NR15 2XE
If you need information in large print, audio cassette, braille, translation (written or verbal) or signed interpretation, let us know when you contact us. About our translation services
Last updated on: 10 August 2010